Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feet



I hate feet -- period. No discussion. Don't touch my feet and DO NOT touch me with your feet. They're smelly and ugly and just plain gross. Now you know I'm mildly obsessive compulsive about them.
About 2 weeks ago Emily mentioned that her feet were itchy. I kind of blocked out her chatter after I heard the word feet... and the days went on. She again mentioned that her feet, more specifically her toes, were really really really itchy. I told her to put lotion on them because they were probably dry. A few more days pass and then she tells me her toes hurt -- so I finally give in and take a look -- her toes have been rubbed raw by her trying to satisfy the itching, which I really just ignored and chalked up to random complaining, which she's very good at. So... seems that she's picked up athlete's foot - I'm guessing she got it from the gym she goes to for gymnastics. Lots of grimey dirty little bare feet running all around -- GROSS.
The trip to CVS was overwhelming -- do you know how many treatment options there are for foot fungus (I just gagged a little even typing such nastiness)???? Yeah... I didn't go for the creams or lotions that would require me to actually touch Em's feet -- thank goodness for powder in a spray can but we have to treat her for 4 weeks -- 4 weeks of twice daily washing, drying and spraying. All I can say is now that we're through the first week and past the worst of it, I'm handing the duties over to her.
Yuck.

8 comments:

Porters said...

I hate feet too! Mariah has these nasty sweety feet and so we have to spray her toes if she keeps her socks on to long. This is something that will not go away in 2 weeks, lucky me!

Elyse said...

oh snap...that sucks! but seriously feet are so gross!!!!! poor em!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Hilarious, I was totally picturing you going through the store with gag face. Funny, funny stuff.

Bondfam said...

I agree. Give me a dirty diaper over feet any day! But that's probably because I'm so used to dirty diapers!

Hope she heals quickly. And not just for her sake!

cneelans said...

Is nothing sacred?

and

I know you aren't trying to say that you are obsessive compulsive about feet only?

Jennifer said...

It was nice to see you guys again! What's up with our kids getting skin infections?!! Trade ya Em's athletes foot for Ellie's bum abscess!!!!

Valarie said...

Eak!!! I echo what everyone else has said. Feet are icky...so it athletes foot! Hope her feet are itch-free soon.

Jenny said...

I can't believe I've missed this post for so long! I seriously laughed out loud when I pictured you in CVS dry-heaving at the thought of feet-touching! Guess we'll never have to worry about you having a foot fettish!