We've been having a discussion in our home for several months -- well, at least Chris and I have. Since we decided that our family was complete with 3 people we've often felt like Emily lacked companionship. Face it... we're only so entertaining! Having another child is simply not an option but what could we do?
I NEVER approached the topic of a pet because Chris is not an animal lover -- it was a stretch when we let Emily have fish a few years ago (and that didn't really turn out so well). So, imagine my shock and surprise when he mentioned that maybe we needed a dog. Like I said, we've been discussing and looking for several months -- all while Emily was completely unaware. We finally found one that we liked and surprised Em today with a trip to the puppy's home to make sure it would be a good match... it sure was!
Here is the newest addition to our house (and Chris insists she is NOT a voting member of the family - we'll see about that!), Cocoa:
On another note - Emily decided to get her ears pierced again. She got them done when she was in kindergarten but we had a lot of problems with infection so we took them out and let her ears heal. She has mentioned getting them redone from time to time but she finally worked up her courage and asked us to take her:
no earrings
earrings! Way to go Em -- you've learned at a young age that beauty = pain.

5 comments:
ok i don't like dogs or any pets for that matter...but that dog is so dang cute!!! weirdly, i wanna hold it!!
That puppy is so cute. Congrats guys. YEAH Em...ps don't tell my boys they might start getting ideas!
Cocoa is way cute! Thanks for letting us come over and see her, my girls want one know. Lets face it my life can't take on another family member. We hope you guys have lots of fun with her, she'll be great for Emily to take care of.
Too super cute! My kids know that we will never have a dog. Brandon and I are at odds over that one so I don't think it will ever happen. Besides I will have to take care of it and I already take care of everyone else, I don't want a dog also.
I shall bring my wee ones over to your house to get in their "dog time" because alas...we shall never have a dog. Not unless hell freezes over! Such a cute puppy! I like the name too..we had a dog name cocoa! And beauty does = pain...my feet would agree with you after getting out my "springish" strappy heels for church this sunday..ouch..blisters. Maybe I'll make Em some earring sometime!
Post a Comment