Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

Gosh - a month since the last post... that's shameful. What can I say? Life is busy. It feels like we've been busy doing a whole 'lot of nothin' - how can that be?

Emily had a second dance competition March 11-12 - I have pictures, but they're still not uploaded to the computer, sorry. She did a really great job and this time her group won 1st place overall for the age division. This is apparently a huge deal in the world of dance, little did I know! They won some money and big trophy - she was really excited about that. I still don't know that it's enough to make her want to keep up with the competitive dancing. She toys with Chris' emotions by mentioning soccer every now and then - he's a huge fan and used to be very competitive in the sport. Emily has never really expressed an interest in any sport except maybe ice skating or gymnastics - and in his opinion those don't count! We'll see what happens. I just don't want her to become like some of the kids her age who are involved in 5 or 6 activities, plus school and homework and the list goes on and on -- those kids are never home and don't seem to have time to just enjoy being a kid.

Chris' little sister, Elyse, moved in with us a few weeks ago. She's getting married at the beginning of May, so we get to keep her until then! Emily is thrilled to have her, as are we, but we sure don't see much of her. I'm not sure when that kid finds time to sleep - she's super busy with 2 jobs and wedding plans and a social life - I guess it's good that she's young because I can't imagine keeping up with her pace of life!

Life in general is great. We're looking forward to some warmer weather as spring approaches, although from the winter storm warning we're under right now, it's hard to imagine that it will ever come. My daffodils are already well on their way to blooming so that makes me feel good. Perhaps I'll get some pictures posted later this week - but don't hold your breath!

No comments: