We've lived in Ohio for 10 years now... that seems so hard to believe, but here we've been and we've never driven the 50ish miles to Hocking Hills where the scenery is supposed to be beautiful. Emily had a day off school this week so Chris and I both took the day off and we decided to have a super-family fall outing. It turned out to be the most perfect fall day -- a little chill in the air but not too cold and the sun was shining. We hiked several trails at the state park and then had a nice lunch - it was a great day! I had no idea that Chris and Emily liked to hike but they loved it so much that they're planning for future trips!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Autumn Time
I totally love the change of seasons -- I'm so grateful to live in a place where we get all four seasons. That's not to say I don't complain about the heat, the humidity, the rain, the snow etc... but on occasion I'm able to step back and actually be thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey, we have a picture in that same cave! Good times, also good to know that the beautiful fall doesn't keep someone else from complaining about the humidity, heat, snow, etc.
We've never been there either, but it looks so beautiful. Maybe we'll venture down there next fall when Sophie is a little bigger. Maybe Chris can be our "guide"...what do'ya think? That's what I thought...I think we'll go with Emily instead!
I love Hocking Hills. I miss Fall sooo much!! Here, I just get to complain about the heat and the humidity (and the sankes and the alligators!)but no snow. I miss snow, too.
That is great pic of Emily.
Hocking Hills is so beautiful. Especially this time of year! Plus, it's a cheap way to spend a few hours! Pack a lunch and go hiking. What an adventure! Looks like you all had fun!
Post a Comment